Thursday, December 11, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree....

Oh, boy- are we excited for Christmas- we got our tree, and we even have some presents already wrapped underneath- but certainly not all of them yet! Here you can see Teags opening her day on the advent calendar- this year, I put in slips of paper with special treats on them (like decide what is for dinner tonight, or stay up an extra half-hour at bedtime, etc) They are really liking the new part of that! So, onward to Xmas Day we go.... still have some shopping to do, but I think we are almost ready.... can't wait- I cannot imagine anything better than the looks on my girls' faces on Christmas morning- they are so happy and the best part is spending a couple of days of just family time, not feeling so rushed anymore and not having everything so hectic, so that is the time I am most looking forward to! I hope they are starting to get what Christmas is really about, love and family and generosity...... Love you all- hope you have a great holiday season!


1 comment:

amy said...

kara, what an amazing mom you are! that is the best idea for the advent calendar! can i steal if for next year? love you!