Friday, October 24, 2008

ODE TO PARENTS....


I have always said I have great parents, well maybe not in my teen years, but I knew in my heart how great they were.... I am really lucky to have had my mom and dad raise me, help me when I was in trouble, and support me through everything today. There are so many people out there who are not blessed with good parents who love them and raise them to be good, hardworking, loving people. I have to thank my parents for helping me to be those things... Right now, they have completely turned their lives around to help Alyx and that is an opportunity most kids do not get..... especially being that they are her step-grandparents. I just want to tell them how much I appreciate them and love them.. thank you for all of it, Mom and Dad...
I cannot forget to mention all the other "parents" I have- my mother in law, Jan, who is such a big part of our lives and our kids lives- Chris' grandparents, who we love to spend time with and are also a huge part of our lives. They all make me feel so loved and appreciated and a part of the family! Thanks guys...... not to forget Grams, my most wonderful grandma in the world- love you Grams!!!

3 comments:

guthries said...

Kara
I set a google account up for mom and dad, so they could comment on your blog. love you, megs

amy said...

you said it well, sister. love you.

Megan Jo Eddie said...

I love this blog entry. Mom and Dad really are the best. They love Alyx so much and we do too.