Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My favorite things.....

Yes, Ames, I am totally copying this idea from you- but it's a great idea!

So- first of all, I love the color green. This is probably the biggest reason I miss Oregon so much- everything is just sooooo green! It's a wonderful place to live or visit.... secondly, I love plants, trees, and grass... these are things that make me feel whole and healthy. I also really love green salad, and lots of green veggies, and guess what? My kids do too!!! Ain't I lucky? The pic above is of Eugene, where I used to live.




Next, I sure do love my kids, and my nieces and nephews, and my friend's kids, and kids of all shapes, sizes, and colors.... kids are the greatest! They get so excited about the smallest things, and they make me remember to love the little things in life- for example, bubbles! sidewalk chalk! a new buddy! fingerpainting and playdoh! bubbles again! (my kids really like bubbles!)



I definitely love my family... my mom and dad are the most loyal, generous, honest, and loving people you could ever hope to meet.... when i worked here at the CDA Resort, anyone, literally anyone who came in from Twin Falls knew them and always had great things to say about them. I love you guys sooooo much, I hope you know that.. We are super excited to go and see them for Thanksgiving. I am not leaving out my sisters, Amy and Megs.. they are the best sisters I could ask for! Hilarious, good moms, great wives, PTA volunteers, etc.. you name it, they do it... plus, they are both going to make Martha Stewart jealous in her old age... tell ya what. I love you both sis'! I also cannot leave out my husband's family-- they are so fun to be with and celebrate things with.... his grandpa that cracks the dirtiest jokes, but the funniest, and his grandma (grape grandma) is the sweetest person ever.. Lastly, but definitely not least is Jan, his mom and my mom, and a wonderful grandma! She is a great person and the kids love her to death....



I guess my next thing would be music.... ALL kinds... of course I love to play my violin, but I also really like rocking out to some good metal, hard rock, alternative, punk, you name it... and then there's other great stuff like the oldies, Joni Mitchell, James Taylor, Elton John.... the list goes on and on...... My husband is a great guitar player and can really belt out a song.... so our kids love music as much as we do.... some day i will teach them to play violin, I swear.... really!


Well.. as I said, this list could go on for days, but I think I will drag it out a little and add some more to it as time goes on... I make new favorites every day! I love you all..... have a great day!









2 comments:

amy said...

i love you too! also, i'm not on the pta. my friend eliza saw your post and was concerned you'd be lying. maybe megan is on the pta! love you!

Megan Jo Eddie said...

alright, let's just set the record straight- i'm the PTA mom. However, I think the two of you girls are the amazing moms. Kara you're so sweet and so funny. I miss laughing with you and being silly. I CAN"T WAIT FOR THANKSGIVING!!! Ames, I love you soo much too.